Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 28 - Kayaking in Sausalito

I like chocolate.  In fact, I like it quite a lot (the darker the better, too).  But as much as I like chocolate, I don't really want to eat it several hours a day, multiple days a week.  I've pretty much reached the same point with hiking.  I'm getting burned out, and it's starting to turn into something I have to do rather than something I want to do.  So this morning when it came time to pick a hike I couldn't get excited about any of them, even though I wasn't able to get out much this week.  That's when K suggested a genius alternative - sea kayaking!

My trip to NZ will include a few days of kayaking as well as lots of hiking, so this was a great way to get my arms a little exercise and appreciate the beautiful San Francisco Bay from a different angle.  Once we paddled our way out of the marina we were treated to 360 degree views of SF, Alcatraz, Tiburon, Angel Island, Mt. Tam, Sausalito, and portions of the Golden Gate Bridge.  We even had a seal swim along side us for a bit, checking us out as we floated.  Here's a pic of me with SF and Alcatraz in the background (missed the seal, unfortunately):


After we tired of the bay views, we meandered through the boats that were moored in Richardson Bay before paddling back to the marina in time to grab a bite to eat and enjoy a brisk walk on the beach at Crissy Field at sunset.  


Yep, this was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday.  Great idea, K!

No comments:

Post a Comment