Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 4 - Gray clouds and rain = Gym

Today's "hike": That fabulous, unique place more commonly known as The Treadmill
Length: 3.38 miles
Elevation Gain: 1,800'
Thoughts:  Yeah, this day of the hike is going to hurt

With yet another rainy day on hand, I decided to head to the gym to train for the most intimidating day of the upcoming NZ hike - 4,000' of elevation gain over only 5 miles.  Unfortunately I have not yet been able to find a hike in the Bay Area which replicates how steep and long this hike is going to be, so it looks like I'll be heading to the gym from time to time to train for it.  Today to get the ball rolling I set the treadmill at a 12% grade for an hour, just to see how the math worked out.  Definitely a good workout, but it was neither steep enough nor long enough.  Looks like I've got some work to do over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment