Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 5 - My very own Julie/Julia experiment

One of the things I hope to do more of during my time off is cooking.  I generally like to cook and try out new recipes, but only when I have 1) both the time and patience to tackle it, and 2) someone else to share the fruits of my labor with.  Today was another non-hiking day so that solved #1, and K (my SO) has very bravely volunteered to be a guinea pig for my culinary experiments, which solves #2.

For my first test, I figured why not start with some tried-and-true classic comfort food - Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon.  After searching online for her recipe I found one that appeared a bit daunting at four pages of instructions and 5 hours of cook time, but decided to take it on anyway.  So glad I did!  Served it with some fresh crusty bread, buttered noodles, and a truly fabulous 2005 J Vineyards "Nicole's Vineyard" Pinot Noir.  It was a lot of work, but soooo delicious!!  Both K and I will be enjoying some yummy leftovers for the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing meal!! And one of the best pinots I have ever tasted. Deanna is a natural in the kitchen. Thanks again for the yummy evening!

    ReplyDelete