Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 7 - Gotta do SOMETHING other than the Pro Bowl on the Sunday before the Superbowl!

Today's hike: Stevens Creek Trail
Length: ~ 4.0 miles
Elevation gain: ~ 20'
Thoughts: Yup, it's a lazy Sunday.

So when you don't have kids, Sundays are good for a couple of things: 1) sleeping in, 2) yummy brunch, and 3) a leisurely walk in the neighborhood.  Check, check and check!  After yesterday's long hike, I was somehow able to fight the couch's seductive invitation during the afternoon today, thanks in large part to a non-football Sunday and an almost-empty TiVo.  I feel like I'm doing something right when my version of fighting boredom includes a 4 mile walk, right?  Of course I probably shouldn't mention the multiple margaritas that I rewarded myself with after the walk.  I'm sure that effectively negated all the walk's healthy effects.  :-)

All told, not bad for a first week.  Walked a total of about 28.5 miles and gained about 5,460' of elevation.  I'm feeling pretty good about the distances on the NZ hikes, but really need to focus on finding more middle-distance hikes with meaningful elevation gain in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment