Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 6 - Rancho San Antonio

Today's hike:  Rancho San Antonio - PG&E trail
Length: 9.7 miles
Elevation gain: ~1,750'
Thoughts:  Hello again, old friend.  It's been a little while, but I'm back!!!  Did you miss me?

After the yummy dinner last night I wanted to get a really long hike in today, so I went back to a familiar friend - the PG&E trail at Rancho San Antonio.  This is a hike I've been doing almost every weekend for 3+ years.  I like the length and elevation gain for that one really good workout each week.  The elevation gain all comes in the first 4 miles of the hike, where you are rewarded with sweeping views of the Bay:

The thing this trail has going for it is that it is very convenient for what you get, and it has definitely helped keep me in shape and keep the weight off over the past few years, but it's getting old.  Really, really old.  Definitely time to switch it up, which is one of the many reasons I'm so thankful for the opportunity to try out more hiking trails during this time off.  Next week?  Venturing further afield.

No comments:

Post a Comment